In December we launched a campaign to rekindle the OpenNaaS community, the OpenNaaS Christmas Special. We organized a vote to determine the most wanted OpenNaaS feature, which will be implemented in 2014.
The choices were:
- Physical infrastructure: Enable OpenNaaS to obtain information about the physical infrastructure
- Pool of IPs: Add plugable IP assignment functionality, so that different implementation can be used depending on an organization’s need
- GUI: Create a generic GUI for OpenNaaS, offering graphical topology editing and the execution of commands, similar to the current CLI.
- WS in JSON: Offer the OpenNaaS webservices in JSON in addition to XML
- Capabilities: Implement additional capabilities like l2vpn, mpls/vpls, ibgp, ebgp
And the result:
- Physical infrastructure: 33%
- WS in JSON: 17%
- Generic GUI: 50%
We are looking forward to implementing the GUI in 2014, since it is a long sought-after feature. Finally, OpenNaaS will have a face!
Details can be found on the all-new OpenNaaS website http://opennaas.org/!